Mariusz Skonieczny is the founder of MicroCap Explosions and the author of 11 books on investing. He graduated from Indiana University in 2003, with a degree in finance. He began his career in the residential and commercial real estate industry, as an appraiser and broker. During the 2008/2009 financial crisis, Mariusz left real estate to focus on stock market investing exclusively. He started trading in 2009 with $10,000. By 2019, he had grown his account to one million dollars. That one million became $7 million by the end of 2021. In this episode of How To Trade It, Mariusz talks about what it took to realize that kind of growth. You don’t want to miss it! Mariusz Skonieczny @ClassicValueInv, says that just because a stock is trading for a penny, doesn’t mean it’s a bad business. Join us on this episode of How To Trade It to find out more! #MicroCap #SmallCap #Investing #LimitedCompetition… Click To Tweet
Subscribe to How To Trade It
A new type of trading with Kalshi. Check it out, to get started today.
You’ll want to hear this episode, if you are interested in…
- [00:53] The start of MicroCap Explosions
- [02:39] Why microcap companies?
- [04:05] Two types of competition
- [06:48] Defining risk
- [08:35] Choosing a quality company to invest in
- [10:43] Finding companies 1 by 1
- [12:16] Prices
- [13:46] Secondary exchanges tend to attract…
- [15:10] The problem with NASDAQ
- [18:00] Getting out
- [20:15] Going to the source
- [24:07] MCE
- [26:55] Getting in touch with Mariusz
Choosing a good company
Choosing a good company isn’t as hard as you may think. You do need to be willing to put in the work though. After narrowing down your choices, by eliminating all of the companies that are making empty promises or don’t have any real assets to offer, you begin to dig deep. Call the CEO. Talk to employees or clients. Contact the Directors. Learn the industry. By doing this, you will have an informational edge that you can’t get with big companies trading on NASDAQ or the NYSE. You become an expert by understanding the business inside and out. And then you use that to your advantage by riding the wave of success.
This research-based newsletter is invaluable, but it’s also not regularly scheduled. In order to 10x, 20x, 50x your investment, you can’t be jumping around from thing to thing. Giving regularly scheduled updates is ridiculous in this business. He won’t write something, simply for the sake of writing something. When Mariusz sees a good deal, he writes it up. In this current bear market, it’s easy to find great opportunities. However, when you find a good thing, you buy it and then you sit on it…sometimes for a long, long time. That’s actually the key to making microcap investing work.
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect with Mariusz Skonieczny
- Website: https://microcapexplosions.com/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SkoniecznyMariusz
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClassicValueInv
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mariuszskonieczny/
Connect With Casey Stubbs
- Website: https://caseystubbs.com
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/TradingStrategyGuides
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/caseystubbs
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/caseystubbs
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TradingStrategyGuides
- LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/caseystubbs
Subscribe to How To Trade It
Disclaimer: Trading carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. Before deciding to invest you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss of some or all of your initial investment. Therefore, you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any doubts.