Joji Mangubat is the co-founder, publisher, and president of Viking Crest, which publishes a daily market report that keeps their subscribers “well ahead of what’s to come in the markets”, says Joji… “We basically employ a methodology that has literally taken me years to develop in order to consistently identify quality individual names and ETFs we think are going to provide our subscribers with exceptional returns on a short and/or long-term basis. It’s a diligent combination of advanced technical and fundamental analysis to ensure our clients are getting exposure to quality companies and ETFs for maximum market gains.” Joji has educated and taught investors and traders, for years, on how to make better investing and/or trading decisions by teaching them what to look for in charts, how to fundamentally assess an individual company, both short and long-term, and how to understand current economic and technical conditions to avert risk, while maximizing returns. In this episode of How To Trade It, Joji talks about avoiding risk by learning to select quality companies to trade or invest in, whether short- or long-term. You don’t want to miss it! Joji Mangubat from @VikingCrestLife is a huge advocate of dollar cost averaging, especially for younger investors. Join us on this episode of How To Trade It to find out more! #Fundamentals #Research #InterestRates #Investing #ETFs #VikingCrest Click To Tweet
Subscribe to How To Trade It
You’ll want to hear this episode, if you are interested in…
- [00:35] Getting started
- [01:19] Self-directed portfolios
- [02:06] The greatest learning lesson in the last 40-50 years
- [08:30] Long-term investing ideas
- [09:11] The fundamentals we look for
- [10:14] A look at the technicals
- [11:40] The markets in 2022…
- [13:15] Solid recommendations
- [14:05] Dollar Cost Averaging
- [19:00] Soul searching
- [20:44] Current market conditions
- [27:38] Research on the Fed
What makes a company “good”?
When we are analyzing a company to recommend for the long haul, we always ask ourselves…Can this company change the industry it’s in or can it change the world? If it has the potential to do one of those two things, it’s going to be good. However, the company must also be delivering on the growth side as well. Fundamentally, we look at the health of the company by examining the financials. We also look at the valuation metrics and forward growth projections. We often check out their competition to see if there are potential issues to watch out for or great advantages that they may have over others in their field.
Dollar Cost Averaging
Joji is a huge advocate of dollar cost averaging, especially for younger investors. It’s an unfortunate reality that many investors have a tendency to average down too soon. Joji doesn’t encourage averaging down, in a good company that he believes in, unless it’s down 50% or more. If you are able to ride the wave, it’s better to just continue to add funds each month, and then wait.
Current Market Conditions
Joji thinks we have developed a “bottom”, but he doesn’t think it is THE bottom, meaning things could continue to trend down. He tries not to get wrapped up in all of the media hype and spin or listen to politicians that may be spewing a narrative that supports an agenda. Markets go up and markets go down, but it’s critical to remember that the single most important thing about the stock market is interest rates. So, you can be in a recession, and you can have rates collapsing, and that’s going to end up being a great buying opportunity…even if the recession isn’t over yet. We’ve already seen that during the pandemic. .
Resources & People Mentioned
- Our +FREE workshop: https://bit.ly/3GId6ut
Connect with Joji Mangubat
- Website: https://www.vikingcrest.com/ (Free 30-day Trial)
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvgSWaZYCqLL348Xl0n75Bw
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/VikingCrestLife
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/VikingCrestLife
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jojimangubat/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect With Casey Stubbs
- Website: https://caseystubbs.com
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/TradingStrategyGuides
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/caseystubbs
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/caseystubbs
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TradingStrategyGuides
- LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/caseystubbs
Subscribe to How To Trade It
Disclaimer: Trading carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. Before deciding to invest you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss of some or all of your initial investment. Therefore, you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any doubts.