In this episode of How To Trade It, Casey shares what he has found to be the BIGGEST obstacle to his trading success…and it may just be true for you too. Listen now to hear how to overcome this hurdle. You don’t want to miss it! @CaseyStubbs talks about doing the right thing, even when no one is watching. Join him on this episode of the How To Trade It podcast, to hear more! #ForexMasterTrader #Coaching #PropTrading #Integrity Click To Tweet
Subscribe to How To Trade It
You’ll want to hear this episode if you are interested in…
- [01:13] And the obstacle is…
- [03:54] What is integrity anyway?
- [07:30} The importance of keeping your word
- [08:50] Following a plan
- [10:30] Casey’s internal driving force
- [13:10] The biggest catalyst to trading success
- [15:21] Good habits
- [20:15] The #1 reason traders fail
- [25:55] Making a huge impact
Integrity in Life & Trading
It’s pretty simple. Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching. This principle works in trading, as well as in everyday life. First, you must start with defining your standard, so that you know what the “right” thing is. In the trading world, that means having an established plan. If you want to become an excellent trader, you need to start with a well-thought out (& written down) plan with rules and processes to follow. Without a plan, you simply can’t have integrity because there is nothing to adhere to and no ground work on which to focus. Simply put, this is no way to operate, if you are looking for success.
A Lack of Integrity?
Sometimes we sabotage our own efforts. We don’t follow our own rules, then we blame the market, or the indicator we are using, for our failure. We condemn ourselves for having a bad trade or series of them, and then we experience guilt for not being successful. It’s easy to get stuck in this cycle, and it’s definitely not productive. This lack of integrity will cause problems time and time again. If you can’t keep yourself accountable to following your stated rules, it might be time to find people who are willing to walk along side of you to help you stay on your path.
Resources & People Mentioned
- Forex Master Trader
- Leave a review: Apple Podcasts
- Leave a review: Podchaser
- How To Trade It – Create Winning Trading Habits & Become a Trading Millionaire, Ep #116
- Send questions, comments, and podcast ideas to: Business@TradingStrategyGuides.com
Connect With Casey Stubbs
- Website: https://caseystubbs.com
- Website: https://tradingstrategyguides.com/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/TradingStrategyGuides
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/caseystubbs
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/caseystubbs
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TradingStrategyGuides
- LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/caseystubbs
Subscribe to How To Trade It
Disclaimer: Trading carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. Before deciding to invest you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss of some or all of your initial investment. Therefore, you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any doubts.
I have been trading online since 2015 and you are completely right stating that integrity is a big part of trading. For example you give 10 new traders the best trading system in the world over half will fail because they don’t have enough integrity to follow the rules of the system to the letter. Instead they will change the rules or/and add/delete what seems to be unnecessary then blame the system for their failure This is part of the human nature.