Adrian Reid is a private trader, as well as the Founder, Mentor, and Trading Coach at Enlightened Stock Trading which is dedicated to educating and supporting traders on their journey to profitable systems trading. Enlightened Stock Trading’s goal is to help you achieve financial freedom and your ideal lifestyle sooner by building a trading system which suits your objectives, personality and ideal lifestyle. Adrian offers substantial support on trading systems, coaching and education. In this episode of How To Trade It, Adrian talks about how he can help busy professionals achieve financial freedom through systematic portfolio-style trading. You don’t want to miss it! Adrian Reid teaches people to develop strategies that are easily executed because they take into consideration the trader’s own mind, personality, objectives, and lifestyle. Tune into this episode of How To Trade It to learn more! #Stocks… Click To Tweet
Subscribe to How To Trade It
You’ll want to hear this episode, if you are interested in…
- [00:30] What’s in a name?
- [02:08] Adrian’s fascination with stocks
- [04:40] How to know when it’s time to quit your day job
- [06:42] F R E E D O M
- [10:28] A look at trading in 2022
- [11:54] Directional trading
- [13:08] How long to hold a trade
- [14:50] Adrian’s daily process
- [18:11] How Adrian trains traders
- [19:02] Beyond learning the rules
- [19:54] Backtesting the right way
- [22:30] Lots and lots of data
- [27:24] How to maximize profits
- [30:17] Managing risk and draw down
- [32:27] Indicators
When Adrian started trading and training people, he saw all sorts of crazy stuff. Traders were making mistakes in psychology, as well as in techniques and strategy implementation. The name “Enlightened” came about when Adrian discovered that the most helpful thing to successful trading was to learn about yourself. He now teaches people to develop strategies that are easily executed because they take into consideration the trader’s own mind, personality, objectives, and lifestyle. This approach makes trading easy and natural.because it’s so personalized.
Fascination with Stocks
Adrian was just eight years old when his fascination with the stock market began. He credits The Stock Market Game with sparking this interest. The market went up and down, you could buy and sell and you got to collect dividends. He remembers that becoming a billionaire on paper was the best thing ever! Learning that you could possibly profit from the movements of the markets was exciting to him and stayed with him until he was able to start investing after his time at university.
Don’t Quit Your Day Job
Adrian encourages traders not to quit their day job too soon. Instead, you should use your day job to fund your trading account and grow it big enough to one day get the freedom that you truly desire. If you don’t rush the process, you eliminate the stress that comes with being forced to be profitable. Adrian feels that many traders get this backward. Trading doesn’t have to be stressful. When trading becomes mechanical because you are following a straight-forward strategy, you are able to eliminate the wild and worried emotions that many traders experience. Spend as much time as necessary developing your strategies, and when you start making more trading than in your regular 9 to 5, then it’s time to quit your job and enter full time trading.
Resources & People Mentioned
- The Trader Acceleration Bundle (FREE resource for podcast listeners)
Connect with Adrian Reid
- Website:: www.enlightenedstocktrading.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8486429
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/course-on-stock-trading/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/EnlightenedStockTrading
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/enlightenedstocktrading
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect With Casey Stubbs
- Website: https://caseystubbs.com
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/TradingStrategyGuides
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/caseystubbs
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/caseystubbs
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TradingStrategyGuides
- LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/caseystubbs
Subscribe to How To Trade It
Disclaimer: Trading carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. Before deciding to invest you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss of some or all of your initial investment. Therefore, you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any doubts.